Follow Us:

Travis Kelce Reportedly Got Engaged to Taylor Swift Two Weeks Ago, Confirms Father Ed Kelce

Travis Kelce Reportedly Got Engaged to Taylor Swift Two Weeks Ago, Confirms Father Ed Kelce

Travis Kelce's father, Ed Kelce, recently opened up about his son's engagement to Taylor Swift in an exclusive interview. The NFL star proposed to the pop superstar almost two weeks ago, with Ed revealing that Travis initially planned to wait until this week to make it a special event.

"Travis actually did the proposal, oh, maybe two weeks, not quite two weeks ago," Ed Kelce said. "He was going to put it off till this week. I think she was getting maybe a little antsy, but he was going to put her off till this week, to, you know, make some grand thing, to make it a big special event. And I told him repeatedly, you know, you could do it on the side of the road, do it any place that makes it a special event ... when you get down on one knee and ask her to marry you."

Ed Kelce shared that Swift's father, Scott Swift, was also urging Travis to pop the question. The proposal ultimately took place at a garden in Lee's Summit, Missouri, where Travis had taken Taylor out for dinner.

"He got her out there, they were about to go out to dinner, and he said, 'let's go out and have a glass of wine,' ... they got out there, and that's when he asked her, and it was beautiful," Ed Kelce said. "They started FaceTiming me and their mother and her folks to make sure everybody knew. So, to see them together is great."

Ed Kelce also recalled the moment he found out about the engagement while at a Philadelphia Eagles practice. He received a FaceTime call from Travis and Taylor, announcing their engagement.

"I was at ... an Eagles practice, a public practice that they had a lot of people that, well, the Eagles had 60,000 people at a public practice two weeks ago on a Sunday night," Ed Kelce said. "So at that practice ... I got a FaceTime call from them, and as soon as I saw the FaceTime, I saw it was Travis, and then I saw Taylor there with him, I knew what they were going to say, and they, you know, let us know."

Ed Kelce has been aware of Travis's plans to propose for months, and he even expected them to tie the knot during last year's NFL season. He believes his son is happier than ever with Taylor.

"We actually went to a thing in KC Sunday night, which was an ESPN airing of 'The Kingdom' and went to that, and his mother and I went with him back to his house for dinner, where Taylor made dinner, and we had a wonderful dinner with them outside on the patio and to just watch the two of them, just crazy about each other. It's truly kinda neat," Ed Kelce said.

While no wedding plans have been announced yet, Ed Kelce is ready to welcome Taylor into the family. He believes Travis and Taylor are a great match, saying "they're just two young people very much in love, cast in a spotlight that they really haven't sought but kind of followed with their success in their respective fields."

Share: